CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 13, 2005

"Henchmen"

Of all the reactions in my life, that was the least expected.

I called my Aunt Judy to find out if she'd spoken to or seen my mother. My aunt said that my mom was supposed to come up this weekend. I asked if my mother was currenton her rent and my aunt said no. I then told her what I knew, which the last I heard was my mom had a job interview at a retailer down there for a manager position and was basically moved down there with the exception of her things. You have to understand, telling my aunt was a moral obligation. My aunt is not some stranger to me, someone who its easier to imagine wouldnt be hurt financially or emotionally. My aunt has helped my mother greatly, greatly, and beyond that she has medical bills from her heart attack. She needs to know what was going on with her property so she can make plans. But last night my aunt attacked me. Me. She told me that my mother put me up to calling her (which isnt true), she told me I was backstabbing her, and she told me I was my mother's henchmen.

I'm pretty speechless right now. My aunt made it clear to me that I should have just kept my mouth shut. So I agonized for nothing, apparently. But if I had to do it all over again, I would still tell her. Not telling her would have been as wrong as my mother. The old me would have shrugged and said, "not my problem." And on one side of the coin it isnt my problem, its my mother's mistake and her thing to work out with my aunt. On the other side of the coin, my aunt could lose money here if the house hasnt been winterized, a pipe could have frozen and busted, anything could happen. Now my aunt atleast knows to ask my mom the hard questions. Man, you dont screw around with somebody's house.

I'm so hurt right now. Doing the right thing sucks. To think so little of me, that I would allow myself to be put up to doing something for my mom like that. My aunt really doesnt know me at all.

0 comments: